Friday, February 2, 2018

Don't Miss Your Ship

Hello all,

      So for starters the ending of my last semester went very well. I turned 21 and went to more 21st birthday parties than I can remember, but it was truly unforgettable. While I had a great time going out I am almost certain that I am quickly growing out of my partying days. Nowadays if I go to a party, I'm ready to exit stage left (leave) after the first 20 minutes of being there. I think I am growing into my old lady ways a wee bit earlier than most. But I'm not complaining. Change is definitely good. 

I used to fear change, heck, I still fear change, but I am proud to say I have stopped myself from shying away from it. Believe me, when it is time for something in your life to be changed or altered, it will happen with or without your approval. So, I try to always be on board...it makes the process easier. I remember how afraid I was when I was 15 or 16 about aging and leaving home. While some people were counting down the days until they could leave for college...I was crying in my room wishing time would freeze.


It wasn't until maybe the age of 17 when I realized that everyone's life was a series of journeys that had to be undergone in order to grow and prosper. While the thought of getting older and being an adult stirred fear in me, the thought of not prospering and blooming brought pain and despair to me. I knew after coming to that conclusion that I'd always welcome change. I finally understood that if I didn't accept change my ship would sail on into the sunset without me.

Since then I've yet to allow any ship of my mine to sail on without me. Guys when it's your time for change...be ready and seize the opportunity, you'll be fine. 

           Love and Peace, Yazmyn Armoni

No comments:

Post a Comment