Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Did Anyone Say Weimer Hall?

Hello beautiful people,

     As this current semester comes to a quickly approaching end, I can't help but to realize I have ONE final semester to go until graduation. My time thus far at the University of Florida has truly been some of the best years of my life. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the kindest, most intelligent people in the world right on my campus!  

     As you all know, I am majoring in Telecommunications at the College of Journalism and I have learned so much while being here. I have taken classes ranging from Investigative reporting all the way to Law of Mass Communications, learning all there is to know about journalism and television. A few of my classes have actually required that I spend about 6-8 hours in the newsroom a week. During these required shifts I would usually have to find a story, pitch, shoot, and edit the story in order for it to air on WUFT Channel 5, a local station in Gainesville. I have also had the pleasure of creating content for Florida's 89.1 WUFT-FM station that is also located right on campus in the journalism school. I have also spent a great majority of my time at the Center for Media Innovation and Research (CMIR) where I connected with journalism students of all kinds with passions in various communication fields. The college of Journalism at UF has truly provided me with some of the greatest opportunities, and I will always be thankful for my time there. 

     I hope to close out my final semester at UF with nothing but love, peace, and a whole lot of ambition. UF has undoubtedly prepared me for the real world and I can't wait to get out there!

Love and Peace,
     Yazmyn Armoni



No comments:

Post a Comment